Friday, September 3

Kath, I Love You

The dinner was great. Candle light dinner. Cozy surrounding.

It has been so long since I ate rib eye steak last. I can’t remember. I really can’t. Maybe because it was ages ago. Maybe it was something I wanted to forget about. Something poignant. Something forlorn.

Nothing left in my plate. Neither her plate.

Jessica -- is a smart girl, tall and big appetite. That’s how I’d describe.

We talked less, more smiles than anything else. I was shy. I’m still shy until today. A shy guy who usually will be assumed as a low self esteem guy who can’t lead people but himself. I doubt.

I looked outside through the glass wall. It was raining. People walked with umbrella in their hands. It was wet outside. With aircond in the restaurant and raining outside, I really wish I could take hot shower at that moment. It was freezing.

I saw someone looking at me. I was nervous. My heart beats became fast. It became faster till I couldn’t breathe. I forgot how to inhale and exhale anymore.

I rubbed my eyes.

“Oh my God!” I screamed in my heart.

It was Katherine.

The one I love so much. I knew she loves me too.

What made me confuse? She was attached.

I left the table and ran to her. I could see the wretchedness in her eyes. Watery eyes.

She ran to the corner of the building. I grabbed her. I hugged her. I kissed her. Whispered to her how much I love her. She just cried. No word comes out from her mouth. I was panicked.

“Why you do this to me Dan? Why?” she hollered.

“I’m sorry but aren’t you attached Kath?” I replied.

She looked down.

Looked at my face and continue. “Do you love her?”

“No but…” I didn’t manage to finish my sentence.

“Then don’t mislead her!” she cried again.

“Will you choose me and leave him Kath?” I asked her and I started to cry.

“I don’t know Dan… I really don’t know. I love you but you know that our relationship is 5 years long and even though I know you for 7 months I feel like I know you for 700 years! I don’t want you to be sad. I don’t want him to be sad too!”

“That’s greedy Kath… you know that you can’t have 2 guys at the same time and keep them forever like that”

“I know Dan, but it’s hard for me”

“Maybe you should leave me Kath and focus on him”

“I can’t leave without you Dan! I love you!”

“… and you love him too!”

Silence.

“Kath… you have to make a choice” I looked into her eyes. Deep.

She looked down. Looked into my eyes. She walked away. Left me alone there in the rain.

I cried.

7 comments:

100penulis said...

sedey cerita ni.. your true story ke Faisal?

Fina Sophie said...

Quite nice plot u hv here.. Ur own writing?

Faisal Admar said...

100penulis - er. imagination je :)

Faisal Admar said...

fina - yep :) still in learning process :)

myraVea said...

Nice2..keep on writing *winkwink

btw, salam kenal ~Ngeee

Faisal Admar said...

myravea, thanks :) i post the 2nd chapter soon :)

salam kenal :)

Faisal Admar said...

nizam, terima kasih :) lepas habis kisah cinta maybe nak cuba ke alam fantasi :) insyaallah...